DCF Tuition and Fee Exemptions
The State of Florida provides tuition and fee exemptions to eligible students. The waiver is authorized at State (public) Universities, Colleges (public) in the Florida College System, and School District Workforce Education Programs. Fee exemptions are offered to students if he or she:
• is or was in the custody of the Department of Children and Families when he or she reached age 18;
• was adopted from the Department of Children and Families after May 5, 1997;
• is or was at the time of reaching age 18 in the custody of a relative under s. 39.5085, F.S.;
• is or was at the time of reaching age 18 in the custody of a non-relative under s. 39.5085, F.S.; or,
• was placed in a guardianship by the court after spending at least 6 months in the custody of the department after
reaching 16 years of age
Note: The exemption remains valid until the student reaches 28 years of age. See § 1009.25(1)(c), (d), Fla. Stat.
For more information, contact Pathways@EducateTomorrow.org.
Who is Eligible?
For questions regarding eligibility or how to obtain a Tuition and Fee Exemption form, CF-FSP 5220, contact your local Community Based Care Lead Agency or call Florida’s Independent Living Resource Center.
Florida’s Independent Living Resource Center serves as an information clearinghouse to address all areas of Independent Living Services.